Friday, August 31, 2007

A Birthday gift from Charles Petzold

Some time ago (Juli 11), I read a blogpost (lost the URL) about sending an email to Charles Petzold, in order to receive a free copy of his book '3D Programming for Windows - three-dimensional graphics programming for the Windows Presentation Foundation'.

Today the most amazing thing happened:
I found this signed book in my mailbox...
... And you have to know it was my birthday 2 days ago...

Coincidentally, I read about a similar experience here
and thought 'what are the chances to have that kind of luck'...
Especially for me living in a small country like 'Belgium' ...
(The shipping cost alone took about $16.80.)


I 'm sure I' m going to enjoy reading it
, as I'm doing with 'Applications = Code + Markup'
(I' m between chapter 24 and 25).

Thank you so much Mister Petzold!

No comments: